Government Funded Programs
Independent Schools Queensland provides advice and assistance to schools on accessing and effectively using government financial support.
We are the approved authority to administer the following Australian and Queensland Government programs:
- Non-State Schools Teacher Capability (formerly Great Teachers = Great Results)
- Funding for students with disability
- Vocational and Educational Training (VET) in Schools
- National School Chaplaincy Programme/Student Welfare Service
- Children in Care of the State
- Youth Support Initiative
Funding arrangements for for schools
The Australian Education Act 2013, which provides for a new funding model for schools, came into effect in 2014.
Under the funding model, schools with students requiring additional support receive Commonwealth Government funding directly. This funding includes loadings for:
- Low socio-economic status students
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students
- Students with limited English language proficiency
- Students with disability
- School size and school location
Student with Disabilities
Although Commonwealth funding for students with disability will be paid directly to schools from 2014, ISQ will continue to provide its verification services until the implementation of revised verification processes is complete. This is expected to take three years.
Students in Queensland schools will continue to be verified through the Education Adjustment Process (EAP) until the new model is in place. Read more and the EAP process
If you require any additional information, please contact:
Mark Newham, Director (Education Services)
Phone: (07) 3228 1515