Studying at a Queensland independent school provides students with a unique opportunity to further their education while learning about Australian life and culture.
Queensland independent schools welcome international students to study in a range of individual and group programs. Students can enrol in registered schools for periods of longer than three months on a full time basis. Many independent schools also offer short-term study programs of less than three months.
- Queensland Independent School Profiles for International Students (English Version)
- Queensland Independent School Profiles for International Students (Chinese Version)
Information about accommodation and welfare requirements for overseas students in Australia
Information about visas, study programs including learning English, accommodation and life in Queensland:
A quality education
In order to enrol international students, schools must meet stringent standards set by the Australian government to ensure the quality of education programs, facilities and student support services. Schools that meet these requirements are listed on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). List of CRICOS registered independent schools
Choice and diversity
Over 1,200 overseas students were enrolled at Queensland independent schools in 2015.
Queensland independent schools are a vital part of Australia's education system. Together they educate more than 116,000 students, or 15 per cent of Queensland's school enrolments.
Independent schools offer parents a wide variety of schools and school programs including:
- Co-educational or single sex schools
- Boarding schools
- Schools with homestay programs
- Schools affiliated with religions
- Primary and secondary schools
- Montessori, Steiner, Indigenous schools
- Schools that offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma
Parents in Australia and around the world choose independent schools for:
- High educational standards
- Moral and spiritual values
- Pastoral care and discipline
- Programs to meet the needs and interests of individual students
- Strong home-school partnerships
- A wide variety of extra- and co-curricular activities
For more information about studying at Queensland independent schools, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org