Information for parents
Independent schools offer parents a wide choice for their children's education through a partnership between parents, students and the school.
Parents choose independent schools for their:
- high educational standards
- moral and spiritual values
- pastoral care and discipline
- programs to meet the needs and interests of individual students
- strong home-school partnerships
- extra- and co-curricular activities.
Independent Schools Queensland can provide information to help you to:
- select the right school for your child
- understand the cost of independent schooling
- network with other parents and carers of children attending an independent school.
The impact of the Parental Income Tax measure
16 October 2018 - ISQ ED David Robertson discusses the potential impact of the Parental Income Tax (PIT) measure on funding for the sector. Meanwhile ISQ Director (Strategic Relations), Shari Armistead, together with Senior Advisor (Public Affairs), Justine Nolan examines the power of parental engagement in educational performance.Read more