Information for parents
Queensland independent schools offer parents a wide choice for their children's education through a partnership between parents, students and the school.
Parents choose independent schools for their:
- high educational standards
- moral and spiritual values
- pastoral care and discipline
- programs to meet the needs and interests of individual students
- strong home-school partnerships
- extra- and co-curricular activities.
For more than 150 years Queensland’s independent schools have been providing high quality educational services to a wide range of students. Read more about the more than 200 independent schools in Queensland.
Find out more about independent schools and their communities.
Independent Schools Queensland can provide information to help you to:
- select the right school for your child
- understand the cost of independent schooling
- network with other parents and carers of children attending an independent school
- engage in your child's learning for improved outcomes.
Latest News & Events
Costs Could Constrain Future Growth in Independent Sector
17 October 2019 - Parental choice in schooling could be eroded if the independent schooling sector is unable to meet forecast enrolment growth due to high land and infrastructure costs, ISQ has warned.Find out more