Start of Content
Information for parents
Queensland independent schools offer parents a wide choice for their children's education through a partnership between parents, students and the school.
Parents choose independent schools for their:
- high educational standards
- moral and spiritual values
- pastoral care and discipline
- programs to meet the needs and interests of individual students
- strong home-school partnerships
- extra- and co-curricular activities.
For more than 150 years Queensland’s independent schools have been providing high quality educational services to a wide range of students. Read more about the more than 200 independent schools in Queensland.
Find out more about independent schools and their communities.
Independent Schools Queensland can provide information to help you to:
You can find more parent resources on the QIS Parents Network website. Read about ISQ's intended direction in our Parent and Community Engagement brochure.