Information for parents
Queensland independent schools offer parents a wide choice for their children's education through a partnership between parents, students and the school.
Parents choose independent schools for their:
- high educational standards
- moral and spiritual values
- pastoral care and discipline
- programs to meet the needs and interests of individual students
- strong home-school partnerships
- extra- and co-curricular activities.
For more than 150 years Queensland’s independent schools have been providing high-quality educational services to a wide range of students. Read more about the more than 200 independent schools in Queensland.
Find out more about independent schools and their communities
Independent Schools Queensland can provide information to help you to:
- select the right school for your child
- understand the cost of independent schooling
- network with other parents and carers of children attending an independent school
- engage in your child's learning for improved outcomes.
Latest News & Events
Independent School Communities Welcome Reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister
11 November 2020 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector today welcomed the reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister in a third-term Palaszczuk Government.Find out more
ISQ Briefings, Nov/Dec 2020
In the final issue of Briefings for the year, Executive Director David Robertson looks back at the challenges and achievements in 2020, discussing the impact of home learning, new funding legislation and the introduction of external exams for Year 12 students. Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead presents research on transformational and transactional leadership in times of change.Read more