Information for parents
Independent schools offer parents a wide choice for their children's education through a partnership between parents, students and the school.
Parents choose independent schools for their:
- high educational standards
- moral and spiritual values
- pastoral care and discipline
- programs to meet the needs and interests of individual students
- strong home-school partnerships
- extra- and co-curricular activities.
Independent Schools Queensland can provide information to help you to:
- select the right school for your child
- understand the cost of independent schooling
- network with other parents and carers of children attending an independent school.
Latest News & Events
ISQ Briefings - July 2019
23 July 2019 - Executive Director David Robertson looks at the intent and relevance of a declaration (such as the Melbourne Declaration) for schooling, while Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead and Design & Creative Sarah Heath examine design thinking as a solution to the 'wicked problem' of school education.Read more
Unlocking Student Potential and Building Brighter Futures at Special Assistance Schools
21 June 2019 - Community demand for schools dedicated to the education of disengaged and at-risk young people is driving ongoing growth in these specialist services in Queensland’s independent schooling sector.Read more