Studying at a Queensland independent school provides students with a unique opportunity to further their education while learning about Australian life and culture.
Queensland independent schools welcome international students to study in a range of individual and group programs. Students can enrol in registered schools for periods of longer than 3 months on a full-time basis. Many independent schools also offer short-term study programs of less than 3 months.
Study in a Queensland independent school
Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying Queensland's relaxed and friendly outdoor lifestyle.
Download a Study in Queensland booklet in your language for more information about Queensland independent schools.
More information about studying at a Queensland independent school
Read more about:
- Learning English language intensive courses for overseas students. International students have opportunities to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Queensland independent schools in short-term and long-term programs.
- Living in Queensland. Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying a choice of recreation and leisure activities available in Queensland’s relaxed outdoor lifestyle.
- Student accommodation and welfare. There is a range of accommodation options for international students studying in Queensland independent schools.
- Long-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of long-term study options.
- Short-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of short-term study options.
- Student visas. Overseas students should be aware of the visa requirements of the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs for temporary entry to Australia.
- Student pathways. International students studying in Queensland schools have a range of options for further studies in Australia and overseas available to them.
Latest News & Events
Independent School Communities Welcome Reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister
11 November 2020 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector today welcomed the reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister in a third-term Palaszczuk Government.Find out more
ISQ Briefings, Nov/Dec 2020
In the final issue of Briefings for the year, Executive Director David Robertson looks back at the challenges and achievements in 2020, discussing the impact of home learning, new funding legislation and the introduction of external exams for Year 12 students. Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead presents research on transformational and transactional leadership in times of change.Read more