Start of Content
Studying at a Queensland independent school provides students with a unique opportunity to further their education while learning about Australian life and culture.
Queensland independent schools welcome international students to study in a range of individual and group programs. Students can enrol in registered schools for periods of longer than 3 months on a full-time basis. Many independent schools also offer short-term study programs of less than 3 months.
Study in a Queensland independent school
Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying Queensland's relaxed and friendly outdoor lifestyle.
Download ISQ's school profile booklet for information about Queensland independent schools that cater to international students.
Study in Brisbane
Study on the Gold Coast
Study in the Darling Downs
Study on the Sunshine Coast
Study in Hervey Bay
Study in Bundaberg
Study in Rockhampton
Study in Mackay
Study in Townsville
Study in Cairns
More information about studying at a Queensland independent school
Read more about:
- Learning English language intensive courses for overseas students. International students have opportunities to study English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS) in Queensland independent schools in short-term and long-term programs.
- Living in Queensland. Queensland offers international students opportunities to excel academically while enjoying a choice of recreation and leisure activities available in Queensland’s relaxed outdoor lifestyle.
- Student accommodation and welfare. There is a range of accommodation options for international students studying in Queensland independent schools.
- Long-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of long-term study options.
- Short-term study options. Independent schools offer international students a range of short-term study options.
- Student visas. Overseas students should be aware of the visa requirements of the Australian Government Department of Immigration for temporary entry to Australia.
- Student pathways. International students studying in Queensland schools have a range of options for further studies in Australia and overseas available to them.
You can also complete the Long-Term Study Enquiry Form or the Short-Term Study Enquiry Form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Culture, Success and Sustainability
September 2017 - In this edition of Briefings ISQ Deputy ED Helen Coyer writes about school culture, success and sustainability, while Director (Education Services) Josephine Wise focuses on wellbeing and educational Leadership in her research feature.
Qld Year 12s Encouraged to Face Annual QCS Test with Confidence
29 August 2017 - About 30,000 Queensland Year 12s will sit the annual Queensland Core Skills (QCS) Test over two days starting from today (Tuesday 29 August).
Find out more
Cost to Maintain School Choice: $1.2 Billion by 2036
17 August 2017 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector will need 21 new Prep-Year 12 schools and 825 extra classrooms in existing schools to accommodate an additional 46,600 school-aged children by 2036, a new research report reveals.
Find out more