Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) is the peak body representing Queensland's independent schooling sector. ISQ represents the interests of member schools, fosters choice in education and protects the autonomy of independent schools.
All ISQ program areas and services seek to enhance the knowledge, skills, strategies and practices of schools and empower them to confidently shape their school’s future; build board, principal and teaching capability and capacity; and improve outcomes for students at every achievement level.
ISQ is a not-for-profit organisation focused on promoting and supporting the interests of the organisation’s more than 200 member schools, which have the vital role of educating more than 120,000 students, or 15% of Queensland’s school enrolments.
Membership to ISQ is voluntary and open to all not-for-profit, non-government schools in Queensland. ISQ's mission, vision and strategic priorities are outlined in the ISQ Strategic Plan.
Promote, support and develop independent schooling in Queensland.
Innovative leadership in advocating for and supporting excellence in independent schooling.
What we do
ISQ offers a wide range of services to member schools, including:
- advocating for and promoting the interests of independent schools to government and the community
- providing leadership and support to achieve excellent education outcomes
- representing the independent sector on more than 140 boards, committees and advisory groups
- providing specialist advice
- offering professional learning opportunities and resources for school staff
- administering government programs for schools
- commissioning research on important educational matters
- providing schools access to group schemes and agreements.
Read more about ISQ's flagship programs:
Other related bodies
Queensland Independent Schools Block Grant Authority
Queensland Independent Schools Block Grant Authority (QIS BGA), wholly owned by Independent Schools Queensland Ltd trading as Independent Schools Queensland, is a not-for-profit company that receives and distributes capital funds to independent schools in Queensland on behalf of the Australian and Queensland Governments.
Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network
Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network (QISPN) is the representative body for the parents and carers of children attending independent schools. It is governed by a board of directors and is supported by ISQ.
Independent Schools Council of Australia
ISQ is a member of the Independent Schools Council of Australia, the national peak body for independent schooling in Australia.