You must not use this site, or any tools offered through this site, in a manner which; or upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available through this site any material which:
- Violates or infringes the rights of others (including their intellectual property, privacy and publicity rights)
- Is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy, vulgar, obscene, profane or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to, or incite hatred of, any person
- Encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law
- Restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying this site
- Affects the functionality or operation of this site or its servers or the functionality or operation of any user’s computer systems (for example, by transmitting a computer virus or other harmful component, whether or not knowingly)
- Breaches any standards, content requirements or codes promulgated by any relevant authority, including authorities which require us to take remedial action under any applicable industry code.
The information on this website is intended as a summary and a general overview. Independent Schools Queensland endeavours to ensure the accuracy and currency of content. However, we make no guarantees.
Links and third-party content
This website contains links to other websites over which we have no control. We make no representations about the accuracy or currency of the information on those websites, nor are we liable for their content, performance or availability. Independent Schools Queensland is not responsible for the content, availability or performance of external sites linking to this website.
The content of any material dealing with legal issues is intended to provide an information resource of interest to our specific audiences. No material with legal content constitutes legal advice and you may not rely upon it as such. Your use of the site or your receipt of legal material does not constitute a solicitor-client relationship between you and Independent Schools Queensland or any of its employees, associates, agents or board members.
You may be required to register with us in order to access certain online services. Registration to the member-only section of this website is limited exclusively to principals and approved staff of our member schools.
All approved staff members of our member schools who register will be registered as a user against the member school in which they are currently employed. Under this arrangement, Independent Schools Queensland agrees to work with the Principal and/or holders of the Principal’s delegated authority to administer and maintain accurate user accounts.
To terminate your account at any time by contacting the Director, (Strategic Relations) by email email@example.com. However, any content you have contributed to the website may continue to be available online after termination.
Independent Schools Queensland may suspend or block user accounts for the following reasons:
- The Principal or their delegated authority advises Independent Schools Queensland that the registered user is no longer employed at the school.
- The Principal or their delegated authority advises Independent Schools Queensland that the registered user is no longer requires access to or is prohibited from accessing the online services.
Independent Schools Queensland may refuse registration for the following reasons:
- The user is not a verified staff member of a member school.
- The user is suspected of attempting to create multiple accounts for or on behalf of a suspended member.
- The Principal or their delegated authority from a member school advises that the user is prohibited from accessing the online services.
Event attendance terms and conditions
- All prices are inclusive of GST.
- Behaviour: ISQ reserves the right to prohibit entry of any person to an ISQ event, or eject any person from an ISQ event based on behaviour deemed inappropriate by ISQ staff and/or its agents and others working under its authority.
- Canvassing: by delegates is strictly prohibited at ISQ events and forums. Promotional materials may not be distributed at the event/forum except by Alliance Partners or as approved by an Executive Team Member. Delegates violating this policy will be asked to leave the event.
- Image release: In registering for ISQ events and professional learning, delegates grant permission to ISQ, its agents and others working under its authority, to take and to have full and free use of video/photographs or audio containing their image/likeness. It is understood these images may be used for promotional, news, on-line/multimedia, research and/or educational purposes by and for ISQ. Delegates agree that they are not entitled to remuneration, residuals, royalties or any other payment from ISQ in respect of their image/likeness or its use. Delegates release, discharge, and hold harmless, ISQ and its agents from any and all claims, demands or causes of actions that they may hereafter have by reason of anything contained in the photographs, video or audio. Should a delegate not agree to the above image release, they must advise ISQ by contacting the events team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event registration cancellation policy
To change or cancel your registration please contact ISQ's events team via email email@example.com or telephone 07 3228 1507.
Cancellation of registration should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Registrant/s full name
- Event details (name and date)
Penalties for cancelling registration and non-attendance
Greater than 7 days before the event
Participants may cancel their registration without penalty 7 days prior to the event commencement date.
Less than 7 days before the event
- For professional learning and events with no costs to attend: Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the event commencement date a $25 administration fee (including GST) will be charged.
- For professional learning events with a cost to attend: Cancellations received less than 7 days prior to the event commencement date will be charged 50% of the event cost (including GST).
Less than 1 day before the event
Cancellations received less than one day before the commencement of the event will incur the full cost of the event (no refund for pre-paid events).
Non-attendance is considered the equivalent to less than 1 days’ notice of cancellation and following charges will be applied:
- For professional learning and events with no costs to attend: A $25 administration fee (including GST) will be charged.
- For professional learning events with a cost to attend: Will incur the full cost of the event (no refunds for payments made before the event)
Special events will incur full event costs with less than 7 days' notice of cancellation.
Transfer of registration
All registrations are transferable to members from the same organisation.
Request for transfer of registration should be made in writing by the registered person to email@example.com. All other registration details will be assigned to the new person unless otherwise specified.
Cancellation of an event by ISQ
While all efforts will be made to run advertised events, ISQ reserves the right to alter or cancel, without prior notice, any of the arrangements relating directly or indirectly to an event, for any circumstances beyond the ISQ’s reasonable control. This includes the cancellation of an event itself.
ISQ’s maximum liability is limited to a full refund of the workshop registration fee. ISQ accepts no additional liability for travel costs, hotel costs, or any other additional costs incurred. Participants should seek guidance from the event owner regarding travel and teacher release reimbursement costs associated with attending a professional learning opportunity or event.
Data and security
The application, registration and self-service areas of this website are protected by SSL encryption to help ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information passed between your browser and our server. However, you must assist in maintaining the security of your information by protecting your password and having adequate anti-virus software and firewalls installed on your computer. We recommend that you:
- Create strong passwords including both alpha, numeric, an Upper Case letter, and a special character, for example, (!@#$%^&*();
- Do not use common dictionary words or names of family members or pets
- Keep your password secure and protected
- Keep only one record of your password
- Do not tell any unauthorised person your password
- Do not allow any unauthorised person to watch you log in to the site or hear your password.
Independent Schools Queensland owns the copyright and all the material on its website including documents and publications, except where indicated. All content on this site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may only access content or non-commercial or personal use unless you have prior written approval from Independent Schools Queensland. All other use, copying or reproduction is prohibited (except to the extent permitted by law).
The Independent Schools Queensland Complaints Handling Policy support our commitment to ensuring that complaints are dealt with in a responsive, efficient, effective, fair and economical way. Independent Schools Queensland is not able to receive or respond to complaints about the activities and decisions of its member schools.
This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that state.
We reserve the right to co-operate fully with any law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction in respect of a lawful direction or request to disclose the identity or other information about anyone posting materials which the authority claims violates any applicable law.