Advocacy & Representation
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) provides a united and powerful voice for more than 200 independent and member schools in Queensland.
ISQ not only represents and promotes the unique needs of independent schools, but also advocates strongly for maintaining their autonomy and supporting parent choice in education through school diversity. In times of policy and funding reform, ISQ is a persuasive champion for the interests and needs of independent schools.
ISQ provides strong and effective representation and advocacy by:
- developing and maintaining constructive working partnerships with state and federal Education Ministers, their staff and senior departmental officers
- working collaboratively with the peak national body representing independent schools, Independent Schools Council of Australia, and other state and territory-based independent school associations
- representing the interests of independent schools on a large range of boards, committees and advisory groups
- lodging submissions on government policy or funding proposals which may impact independent schools
- commissioning quality research, data and policy analysis to lead and inform policy debates and discussions
- working collaboratively with key state bodies across all schooling sectors
- providing a strong representative voice for independent schools in traditional and social media.
Read more about ISQ’s advocacy and representation initiatives:
Latest News & Events
Independent School Communities Welcome Reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister
11 November 2020 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector today welcomed the reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister in a third-term Palaszczuk Government.Find out more
ISQ Briefings, Nov/Dec 2020
In the final issue of Briefings for the year, Executive Director David Robertson looks back at the challenges and achievements in 2020, discussing the impact of home learning, new funding legislation and the introduction of external exams for Year 12 students. Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead presents research on transformational and transactional leadership in times of change.Read more