Briefings is an Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) publication providing thought leadership for the independent schooling sector.
Each edition of Briefings includes an opinion article from the Executive Director and a research feature from a senior ISQ staff member.
Volume 23, 2019
- Issue 6 - July A new declaration on schooling? / Could design thinking solve the 'wicked problem' of school education?
- Issue 5 - June The Coalition's plans for schooling / The greater impact of collective teacher efficacy on students and school culture
- Issue 4 - May Economic conditions and independent schools / Are learning progressions the panacea the Australian schooling sector needs?
- Issue 3 - April State/Territory Contributions to Public Funding for Schools / Advancing Advancement in Independent Schools
- Issue 2 - March A Time to Focus on our Regions / Adding Value in Independent Schools: Making a Difference in Reading
- Issue 1 - January/February Independent schools meeting the needs of parents / Evidence of the benefits of an early childhood education
Volume 22, 2018
- Issue 10 - November Schools need to address the risks in budgeting for volatility in Gonski 2.0 / Great teachers and great teaching, where to from here?
- Issue 9 - October The New Parental Tax Income (PTI) Measure / Could parent power raise Australia's educational performance?
- Issue 8 - September Our Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers / Decision-making and educational leadership
- Issue 7 - August Is sector-blind schools funding achievable? / Has the hype around growth mindset outpaced the evidence?
- Issue 6 - July Celebrating 50 Years / Can Independent Schools Benefit from Greater Collaboration Between Schools?
- Issue 5 - June Economic Factors Influencing the Health of the Independent Schools Sector / Accommodating the Learning Limit of Students
- Issue 4 - May Key Reviews to Drive Future School Innovation and Improvement / Busting the Neuromyths in Teaching
- Issue 3 - April Schools Funding: Divisive Media Coverage and Uncertainty / High Gain and High Achieving Schools
- Issue 2 - March Independent Schools are More Accountable Than Ever / The Fuss About Needs-Based School Funding
- Issue 1 - January/February Commentary on Schooling on the Wrong Track / Comparative Judgement: An Option for Reducing Marking Loads
Volume 21, 2017
- Issue 10 - November/December Families From all Income Levels Choose Independent Schools / School Leadership and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Issue 9 - October Addressing School Infrastructure Needs / Using Video for Coaching and Branding
- Issue 8 - September School Culture, Success and Sustainability / Wellbeing and Educational Leadership
- Issue 7 - August Non-State Schools Accreditation - A New Act for Queensland / Social Media Integration into School Emergency Managment Planning
- Issue 6 - July Commonwealth's Role in Schools Continues to Strengthen / It's Time to be Critical about Teaching Critical Thinking
- Issue 5 - June Continuing the Reform Agenda / The trouble with Professional Learning Communities: Avoiding Roadblocks in Teacher Collaboration
- Issue 4 - May Schools Funding - Politics vs Policy
- Issue 3 - April Supporting Students with Disability / Why and How Schools Need to Act on Parental Choice Research
- Issue 2 - March National Education Reforms / When Best Laid Plans Go Awry, Change Fatigue: Symptoms and Solutions
- Issue 1 - January/February The facts on school fees / Evaluation and Education: Measuring what Matters
Volume 20, 2016
- Issue 10 -November/December Reflections on 2016: Challenges and Optimism for 2017 / A review of frameworks for technology integration and their impact on teaching and learning
- Issue 9 - October Schools Funding Debate: Careful Language Required / Leading Thinking to Manage Change
- Issue 8 - September It’s a Small World / A review of global policy and educational trends for technology integration in classrooms
- Issue 7 - August A New Federal Schools Funding Model - Challenges and Opportunites for the Coalition / Evidence and Quality Teaching
- Issue 6 - July The Prep Half Cohort – Getting Closer to Graduating / Teachers Leading Research in Best Practice Pedagogy
- Issue 5 - June Hopefully, a Final Word on "Gonski" / Building Leadership Culture in Schools
- Issue 4 - May The 2016/17 Federal Budget / Online Assessment and its Potential Impact on Student Results
- Issue 3 - April Taking the Good School Governance Pledge / Leading Innovation and Change
- Issue 2 - March Economic Significance of Independent Schools to the Queensland Economy / Coaching as an implementation process for school improvement agendas
- Issue 1 - January/February It's an Election Year / Performance and development for school improvement
Latest News & Events
ISQ Briefings - July 2019
23 July 2019 - Executive Director David Robertson looks at the intent and relevance of a declaration (such as the Melbourne Declaration) for schooling, while Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead and Design & Creative Sarah Heath examine design thinking as a solution to the 'wicked problem' of school education.Read more
Unlocking Student Potential and Building Brighter Futures at Special Assistance Schools
21 June 2019 - Community demand for schools dedicated to the education of disengaged and at-risk young people is driving ongoing growth in these specialist services in Queensland’s independent schooling sector.Read more