Start of Content
Briefings is an Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) publication providing thought leadership for the independent schooling sector.
Each edition of Briefings includes an opinion article from the Executive Director and a research feature from a senior ISQ staff member.
Volume 23, 2019
- Issue 2 - March A Time to Focus on our Regions / Adding Value in Independent Schools: Making a Difference in Reading
- Issue 1 - January/February Independent schools meeting the needs of parents / Evidence of the benefits of an early childhood education
Volume 22, 2018
- Issue 10 - November Schools need to address the risks in budgeting for volatility in Gonski 2.0 / Great teachers and great teaching, where to from here?
- Issue 9 - October The New Parental Tax Income (PTI) Measure / Could parent power raise Australia's educational performance?
- Issue 8 - September Our Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers / Decision-making and educational leadership
- Issue 7 - August Is sector-blind schools funding achievable? / Has the hype around growth mindset outpaced the evidence?
- Issue 6 - July Celebrating 50 Years / Can Independent Schools Benefit from Greater Collaboration Between Schools?
- Issue 5 - June Economic Factors Influencing the Health of the Independent Schools Sector / Accommodating the Learning Limit of Students
- Issue 4 - May Key Reviews to Drive Future School Innovation and Improvement / Busting the Neuromyths in Teaching
- Issue 3 - April Schools Funding: Divisive Media Coverage and Uncertainty / High Gain and High Achieving Schools
- Issue 2 - March Independent Schools are More Accountable Than Ever / The Fuss About Needs-Based School Funding
- Issue 1 - January/February Commentary on Schooling on the Wrong Track / Comparative Judgement: An Option for Reducing Marking Loads
Volume 21, 2017
- Issue 10 - November/December Families From all Income Levels Choose Independent Schools / School Leadership and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education
- Issue 9 - October Addressing School Infrastructure Needs / Using Video for Coaching and Branding
- Issue 8 - September School Culture, Success and Sustainability / Wellbeing and Educational Leadership
- Issue 7 - August Non-State Schools Accreditation - A New Act for Queensland / Social Media Integration into School Emergency Managment Planning
- Issue 6 - July Commonwealth's Role in Schools Continues to Strengthen / It's Time to be Critical about Teaching Critical Thinking
- Issue 5 - June Continuing the Reform Agenda / The trouble with Professional Learning Communities: Avoiding Roadblocks in Teacher Collaboration
- Issue 4 - May Schools Funding - Politics vs Policy
- Issue 3 - April Supporting Students with Disability / Why and How Schools Need to Act on Parental Choice Research
- Issue 2 - March National Education Reforms / When Best Laid Plans Go Awry, Change Fatigue: Symptoms and Solutions
- Issue 1 - January/February The facts on school fees / Evaluation and Education: Measuring what Matters
Volume 20, 2016
- Issue 10 -November/December Reflections on 2016: Challenges and Optimism for 2017 / A review of frameworks for technology integration and their impact on teaching and learning
- Issue 9 - October Schools Funding Debate: Careful Language Required / Leading Thinking to Manage Change
- Issue 8 - September It’s a Small World / A review of global policy and educational trends for technology integration in classrooms
- Issue 7 - August A New Federal Schools Funding Model - Challenges and Opportunites for the Coalition / Evidence and Quality Teaching
- Issue 6 - July The Prep Half Cohort – Getting Closer to Graduating / Teachers Leading Research in Best Practice Pedagogy
- Issue 5 - June Hopefully, a Final Word on "Gonski" / Building Leadership Culture in Schools
- Issue 4 - May The 2016/17 Federal Budget / Online Assessment and its Potential Impact on Student Results
- Issue 3 - April Taking the Good School Governance Pledge / Leading Innovation and Change
- Issue 2 - March Economic Significance of Independent Schools to the Queensland Economy / Coaching as an implementation process for school improvement agendas
- Issue 1 - January/February It's an Election Year / Performance and development for school improvement