Early childhood & kindergarten
More than half of all independent schools in Queensland are either operating or are co-located and affiliated with an early childhood service.
This helps to provide a smooth transition for those children moving on to Prep at the same school, including a sense of community, strong relationships between kindergarten and Prep teachers, and familiarity and confidence with surroundings, all of which serve to give a child further opportunity for a successful transition.
Member schools can access a range of early childhood information and services to:
- understand the steps involved in setting up a new early childhood service
- comply with legislative and regulatory requirements and develop key early childhood policies
- meet the requirements of the Queensland Kindergarten Funding Scheme
- become a member of our Kindergarten Central Governing Body (ISQ CGB)
- support access and participation of children with disability in kindergarten programs
- access professional learning for early childhood educators
- improve transition to school
- participate in the Australian Early Development Census