Start of Content
Educational Performance & Development
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) is committed to supporting schools to strengthen student outcomes and enhance staff development.
For access to ISQ's full range of information, services and support related to educational performance and development, please visit our member-only content area. Member-only content includes more information about:
- Supporting teaching and learning. Access to a range of professional learning, online community spaces, learning programs and resources for schools to successfully deliver the curriculum.
- Building teacher capacity. Information and support to implement effective, evidence-based performance and development processes that contribute to the growth and development of every teacher.
- Building leaders. Tailored leadership programs based on individual development needs.
- Strategic planning and improvement. Tools and support for schools to develop sustainable processes to plan, implement and evaluate improvement strategies that are relevant to their context and unique characteristics.
Non-member schools can also access information related to educational performance and development, including:
- Australian Curriculum. ISQ has developed progression points in English, Mathematics and Digital Technologies to support teachers in independent schools with the implementation of version 8 of the Australian Curriculum. Progression points are available to non-member schools.
- Government funded programs. ISQ is an Approved Authority for a number of Australian and Queensland government funded programs and provides advice and assistance to schools on accessing and effectively using government funded programs.
School Culture, Success and Sustainability
September 2017 - In this edition of Briefings ISQ Deputy ED Helen Coyer writes about school culture, success and sustainability, while Director (Education Services) Josephine Wise focuses on wellbeing and educational Leadership in her research feature.
Qld Year 12s Encouraged to Face Annual QCS Test with Confidence
29 August 2017 - About 30,000 Queensland Year 12s will sit the annual Queensland Core Skills (QCS) Test over two days starting from today (Tuesday 29 August).
Find out more
Cost to Maintain School Choice: $1.2 Billion by 2036
17 August 2017 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector will need 21 new Prep-Year 12 schools and 825 extra classrooms in existing schools to accommodate an additional 46,600 school-aged children by 2036, a new research report reveals.
Find out more