Educational Performance & Development
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) is committed to supporting schools to strengthen student outcomes and enhance staff development.
For access to ISQ's full range of information, services and support related to educational performance and development, please visit our member-only content area. Member-only content includes more information about:
- Supporting teaching and learning. Access to a range of professional learning, online community spaces, learning programs and resources for schools to successfully deliver the curriculum.
- Building teacher capacity. Information and support to implement effective, evidence-based performance and development processes that contribute to the growth and development of every teacher.
- Building leaders. Tailored leadership programs based on individual development needs.
- Strategic planning and improvement. Tools and support for schools to develop sustainable processes to plan, implement and evaluate improvement strategies that are relevant to their context and unique characteristics.
Non-member schools can also access information related to educational performance and development, including:
- Australian Curriculum. ISQ has developed progression points in English, Mathematics and Digital Technologies to support teachers in independent schools with the implementation of version 8 of the Australian Curriculum. Progression points are available to non-member schools.
- Government funded programs. ISQ is an Approved Authority for a number of Australian and Queensland government funded programs and provides advice and assistance to schools on accessing and effectively using government funded programs.
- Highly Accomplished and Lead Teacher certification. As a HALT certifying authority, ISQ provides a nationally consistent approach to certifying teachers according to the advanced career stages of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
Latest News & Events
Independent School Communities Welcome Reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister
11 November 2020 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector today welcomed the reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister in a third-term Palaszczuk Government.Find out more
ISQ Briefings, Nov/Dec 2020
In the final issue of Briefings for the year, Executive Director David Robertson looks back at the challenges and achievements in 2020, discussing the impact of home learning, new funding legislation and the introduction of external exams for Year 12 students. Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead presents research on transformational and transactional leadership in times of change.Read more