School Business & Administration
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) provides specialist services and advice to assist independent schools to confidently meet their regulatory and legislative requirements and to provide best practices in the school services they provide.
Some of the school business and administration services ISQ offer include:
- technical advice on compliance matters and operational management of independent schools
- general advice and interpretation on a range of school regulatory matters
- specialist training and development opportunities for relevant school staff
- a monitoring service to keep member schools updated on key changes to legislation and regulations
- advocacy on behalf of the sector on legislative change through representation and submissions to state and federal governments
- resources including template policies, handbooks and other school documentation.
ISQ also provides advice and resources to anyone:
- setting up a new school, or adding a campus to an existing school
- setting up a new education and care service and operating an early childhood and kindergarten service.
More information about ISQ's full range of school business and administration services, resources and information is available in our member-only content area.
Latest News & Events
Independent School Communities Welcome Reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister
11 November 2020 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector today welcomed the reappointment of Grace Grace MP as Queensland Education Minister in a third-term Palaszczuk Government.Find out more
ISQ Briefings, Nov/Dec 2020
In the final issue of Briefings for the year, Executive Director David Robertson looks back at the challenges and achievements in 2020, discussing the impact of home learning, new funding legislation and the introduction of external exams for Year 12 students. Director (Strategic Relations) Shari Armistead presents research on transformational and transactional leadership in times of change.Read more