School Business & Administration
Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ) provides specialist services and advice to assist independent schools to confidently meet their regulatory and legislative requirements and to provide best practices in the school services they provide.
Some of the school business and administration services ISQ offer include:
- technical advice on compliance matters and operational management of independent schools
- general advice and interpretation on a range of school regulatory matters
- specialist training and development opportunities for relevant school staff
- a monitoring service to keep member schools updated on key changes to legislation and regulations
- advocacy on behalf of the sector on legislative change through representation and submissions to state and federal governments
- resources including template policies, handbooks and other school documentation.
ISQ also provides advice and resources to anyone:
- setting up a new school, or adding a campus to an existing school
- setting up a new education and care service and operating an early childhood and kindergarten service.
More information about ISQ's full range of school business and administration services, resources and information is available in our member-only content area.
Latest News & Events
Renewed National Narrative for Schooling Welcomed by Independent Schools
12 December 2019 - Queensland’s independent schooling sector has welcomed the release of a renewed national narrative for schooling, committing to work in partnership with all sectors and communities to achieve the vision for Australia’s education future.Find out more
Queensland Set to Usher in Extraordinary School Year
January 2020 - 2020 will be an extraordinary year for school education in Queensland with enrolments set to spike and Year 12s to sit external assessments for the first time in almost 50 years.Read more