2 June 2023 | Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Proudly Independent, Collectively Strong
The very nature of being independent is what brings our sector’s schools together. We celebrate our shared values, our autonomy, and we face challenges and opportunities collectively.
We innovate for the betterment of students; we pursue a sustainable and highly regarded workforce; we work to break down geographical boundaries to ensure Queensland’s students are true global citizens; and we strive to ensure the mental health and wellbeing of everyone in the independent schooling sector is universally supported.
At the ISQ State Forum, we gather once again to connect, talk, listen and learn and to forge our way forward as a unified sector - Proudly Independent, Collectively Strong.
Hosted by 612 ABC Radio Brisbane’s breakfast presenter Loretta Ryan, the 2023 ISQ State Forum was a fantastic event.
The incredible speaker line-up included:
• Waveney Yasso – Acknowledgement of Country
• Kurt Fearnley AO, three-time Paralympic Gold medalist and our Keynote Speaker on Mastering change
• Andrew Fuller, Psychologist on Mentally healthy school cultures
• Belina Allen, CommBank Senior Economist on the State of the economy
• Mark McCrindle, Social Researcher giving a new research launch on The social contribution of independent schools in Australia
• Panel discussion 1 - Changes & Challenges: Amanda Watt, Queensland Independent Schools Parents Network; Nicole Gregory, Principal The Lakes College; Dr Andrew Cousins, Principal Clayfield College; Jack Stevens, CEO Edstart.
• Panel discussion 2 - International Education: Kylie Cooper, Director Study QLD; Ethan Fogarty, Senior Manager Navitas; David Ferguson, Director John Paul International College; Richard Henry, CEO/Principal Moreton Bay Colleges.
• Matt Carroll AM, CEO Australian Olympic Committee – Gala Dinner Speaker
The first of two panel discussions addressed Changes and challenges, looking at some of the specific changes and challenges experienced by schools and the steps and processes they developed for a successful outcome.
The second panel focused on International Education. The importance of international education cannot be overstated in today's globalised society. As we journey beyond the post-pandemic recovery phase in international education, it is time to focus on how we seize opportunities to differentiate ourselves as education providers and expand and improve our interconnectedness through a greater selection of educational offerings.
ISQ’s 2023 Annual General Meeting was held immediately following the State Forum, followed by the Networking Drinks & Gala Dinner where we heard from Matt Carroll AM, Chief Executive Officer of the Australian Olympic Committee.
Date: Friday, 2 June 2023
Venue: Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
Independent Schools Queensland would like to acknowledge our Alliance Partners
Independent Schools Queensland would like to acknowledge our Forum Partners