Dr Jill Willis is an Associate Professor from the Faculty of Education, School of Teacher Education and Leadership at the Queensland University of Technology. Dr Willis works with ISQ’s Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers (HALT) certification program and is researching the outcomes of the HALT program.
In this episode, we discuss:
- World Teacher's Day message for teachers
- Dr Willis’s background re her career
- How the teaching profession has changed
- Highly Accomplished and Lead Teachers
- Independent Schools Queensland's (ISQ) HALT certification
- Research findings from ISQ's HALT program
- HALT process finds teachers have more time and experience professional renewal
- The importance of the principal in the HALT process
- Next phase of Dr Willis’s research
- What parents and community need to know about HALT
- A final message for all teachers and educators in a COVID-19 dominated year.